Listen this article
Every time Arsenal's Welsh player scores, the planet 'trembles'. 'Aaron Ramsey Curse' stroke again recently and without any explanation
On Saturday, March 2, Arsenal FC Welsh player Aaron Ramsey scored the only goal of the match against Tottenham in a Premier League game that ended 1-1. Two days after this goal, popular American actor Luke Perry's death by a stroke spread through the world; he was known for his role in the series Berry Hills 90210. It was also announced the suicide of The Prodigy's vocalist, Keith Flint, so that many media added these deaths to the varied list of 'Aaron Ramsey curse', according to 20 Minutos.
Leer en español: La maldición de Ramsey: 23 famosos han muerto luego de un gol suyo
The deaths 'caused' by the Welsh's goals seem to be between three days after the goal. These are the 21 people killed after Ramsey's goals, according to the newspaper As.
- Andrés Montes: 14/10/2009 first goal with Wales; on 16/10/2011 the admired soccer and basketball narrator Andres Montes died.
- Osama Bin Laden: 01/05/2011 goal against Manchester United; on 05/02/2011 Osama Bin Laden was killed.
- Steve Jobs: On 02/10/2011 Ramsey scored a goal in Arsenal's 2-1 loss to Tottenham; on 05/10/2011 Apple co-founder Steve Jobs passed away.
You may be interested: Cruz Azul and the curse that took him away from the title in the last 21 years
- Muammar Gaddafi: on 10/19/2011 was Ramsey's goal in the Champions League; on 20/10/2011 the dictator Gadafi was assassinated after 42 years of mandate.
- Whitney Houston: on 11/02/2012 Ramsey helped Arsenal win with a goal and, hours later, singer and actress Whitney Houston was found dead.
- Chavela Vargas: on 08/05/2012 Ramsey scored a goal for the United Kingdom at the Olympic Games; on 08/06/2012 the well-known Mexican singer Chavela Vargas died at 93 years of age.
- Bebo Valdés: on 03/22/2012 he scored a goal against Scotland and that same day Bebo Valdés died, a figure of jazz and Cuban music.
- José Rafael Videla: on 05/14/2013 goal against Wigan; on 05/17/2013 imprisoned Argentine dictator José Rafael Videla died.
- Ken Norton: on 09/18/2013 he scored a goal against Marseille in the Champions League; that same day the renowned ex-boxer Ken Norton died.
- Paul Walker: on 11/30/2013 he doubled against Cardiff and, hours later, popular actor Paul Walker died.
- Rubin Carter: on 04/20/2014 goal against Hull City; that same day the famous boxer Rubin "Huracán" Carter died.
- Robin Williams: On 08/10/2014 goal against Manchester City; on 11/08/2014 the renowned actor Robin Williams died.
- Eduardo Galeano and Gunter Grass: on 04/11/2015 goal against Burnley; on 04/13/2015 the important Uruguayan journalist and writer Eduardo Galeano and the Nobel Prize for Literature Gunter Grass died.
- David Bowie: on 1/9/2016 goal against Sunderland; on 10/01/2016 the British musician David Bowie died.
- Alan Rickman: on 1/13/2016 goal against Liverpool; the next day the actor Alan Rickman died.
- Nancy Reagan: on 05.03.2016 he scored a goal against Tottenham; on 06/03/2016 the ex-First Lady of the United States Nancy Reagan died.
- Nicky Hayden and Roger Moore: on 05/21/2017 goal against Everton; on May 22, Moto GP driver Nicky Hayden died and on the 23rd of the same month, important actor Roger Moore died.
- Gregg Allman and Manuel Noriega: on 05/27/2017 goal against Chelsea; on the same day the renowned musician Gregg Allman died and two days later the Panamanian dictator Manuel Noriega died.
Does every time he scores deaths occur?
According to figures from Transfermarkt, Ramsey has scored 80 goals during his career at club and national level; only 20 goals scored by the Welshman have been linked to some death or two, that is, only 25% of the time the curse has stricken. In fact, the Arsenal player made a hat trick against Everton in February 2018, which led to several jokes in social networks. However, no 'celebrity' death occurred after the three goals, according to Mundo Deportivo.
SEÑORES, HA LLEGADO EL FIN DEL MUNDO.— MisterChip (Alexis) (@2010MisterChip) 3 de febrero de 2018
PRIMER HAT-TRICK EN LA CARRERA PROFESIONAL DE AARON RAMSEY.
VAMOS A MORIR TODOS.
What does Ramsey say about this?
In a statement reviewed by the newspaper El Mundo, journalist Alex Diamond asked Ramsey about these rumors, to which the player replied that "Several people have told me about these stories but I have not scored so many goals either. Recently I have written down a few, after which nobody has died, thank God." He also added that the supposed curse is a "stupid rumor" that he does not find funny.
LatinAmerican Post | Juan Bacallado
Translated from "La maldición de Ramsey: 23 famosos han muerto luego de un gol suyo"