Listen this article
Find here some of the best places in the world to live after retiring, 7 are in Latin America
All of us have asked ourselves where we are going to end our life after we retire: probably a house in front of the sea, a family farm or some warm place in the mountains come to mind. However, when the time comes, reality usually prevails.
Leer en español: Estos son los mejores cinco lugares para vivir después de jubilarse en América Latina
For 27 years, International Living has published the Annual Global Retirement Index, taking into account factors such as cost, quality of life, infrastructure, health system, climate, services and other factors that influence the social welfare of agreement with the newspaper Portafolio.
Find here some of the best places in the world to live after retiring, 7 are in Latin America:
1. Costa Rica: "In a world of growing insecurity, Costa Rica is a model of reliability, it has quietly become a model country that stands out in the region, thanks to the low crime rate one can feel safe in any part of the country, either day or night, "says the Annual Global Retirement Index 2018.
According to the research, in addition to its tropical climate that makes it a paradise, the country has an affordable and excellent health system and economic real estate.
2. Mexico: despite having dropped one position with respect to 2017, year in which it was the number one country, Mexico continues to be one of the best options to retire. According to the PYS News newspaper, in a good location, a couple can live in this country with a budget of between $ 1,500 to $ 3,000 per month, including a health plan and rent.
In addition to offering a wide variety of climate zones, the list underlines the vibrant culture of Mexico and the range of activities that can be performed.
You may also be interested: 5 travel trends that will mark 2019
3. Panama: the index reads that "the mountain towns of Panama with its exuberant nature are among the best places in the world to retire" and emphasizes its fascinating food, jazz, its excellent health system and the benefits that the government offers to retirees.
4. Ecuador: with a great variety of climates, Ecuador has an excellent infrastructure and health care. It is a safe country and the correspondent of Living International in Latin America describes it as "colonial cities full of history, peaceful mountain villages, relaxed coastal cities, cloud forests, hot spots full of nature." For those seeking variety in their final destination, Ecuador has it all. "
5. Malaysia: the Asian country has good assistance to health and food, warm climates and real estate at a very affordable price.
The following places are occupied, in order, Colombia, Portugal, Nicaragua, Spain, and Peru.
LatinAmerican Post | Luisa Fernanda Báez
Translated from "Estos son los mejores cinco lugares para vivir después de jubilarse en América Latina"